Thursday, October 19, 2006

DNN - Fake real estate news network


Someone has to call bullshit on this... I was looking at Yahoo Finance as I usually do and noticed a video link to a story called "Why the housing market is still in good shape". I didn't really look at the news source (DNN) assuming it would be reputable because Yahoo uses ABC, CNN, Forbes etc...
The news guy in the video even looked familiar. Turns out he's former CNN Headline News anchor Bob Losure. I poked around the site though anod noticed that everything was about real estate. And just about everything was gung-ho about the market, except for a few headlines in their Top Stories segment in which they can't help to mention some of the actual cold, hard facts about the market. The bottom of the main page even mentions the sponsors of the site... all luxury home builders. I wish I could say I can't believe this kind of shit is put up with well-known news outlets but alas, I'm not surprised (see previous comments on insanity/corruption). Beware of DNN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home